Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wascally wabbit!

This summer, I am working on a small, organic garden with my friends Elena, Brian, Michelle, Tisha, and my husband, Dan. The garden is located in Brian, Elena, and Michelle's backyard in Ukrainian Village, and hopefully will be filled with a multitude of fruits and veggies by July. That is, if we can get control of what has now been dubbed as Situation Sneaky Bunny. Last weekend, it became apparent that we were not the only ones with a great deal of interest in our garden. For your reading pleasure, let me share the email chain on the subject:

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Brian wrote:

I just stepped out on the back porch and watched a rabbit come into our yard and go straight through the hole in the chicken wire into the garden. They've detected the one flaw in our security and are exploiting it to the max! I chased it away but we should get that repaired asap. Do we have any more fencing? I have temporarily put a lawn gnome in there to mind the gap, but I am not sure how effective he will be at deterring intruders.


B

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Brian wrote:

Gnome down! Gnome down!


I am sad to say that my suspicions were correct. After only an hour guarding the hole in the fence I found our dutiful little gnome face down in the dirt. We need a more effective solution to our security breach stat.

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 8:36 PM, Elena wrote:

AHHHHHHHH!! *running in circles in the house* AHHHHHHHH!

From: Elena
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2010 8:45 PM

ok I've calmed myself down. I just put up a fence of bricks in the unsecured area. The gnome is guarding the fence like a good little soldier.


Hmmmmm....Sounds like this might be a job for Wallace & Gromit's BunVac 6000!

No comments:

Post a Comment